Who am I? And if so, how many? : a philosophical journey, Richard David Precht ; translated by Shelley FrischThe Resource Who am I? And if so, how many? : a philosophical journey, Richard David Precht ; translated by Shelley Frisch
- Who am I? And if so, how many? : a philosophical journey, Richard David Precht ; translated by Shelley Frisch
- Title remainder
- a philosophical journey
- Statement of responsibility
- Richard David Precht ; translated by Shelley Frisch
- Translation of: Wer bin ich--und wenn ja, wie viele?
- Bibliography note
- Includes bibliographical references and index
- What can I know? Clever animals in the universe : what is truth? ; Lucy in the sky : where do we come from? ; The cosmos of the mind : how does my brain function? ; A winter's eve in the Thirty Years' War : how do I know who I am? ; Mach's momentous experience : who is "I"? ; Mr. Spock in love : what are feelings? ; Ruling the roost : what is my subconscious? ; Now what was that? What is memory? ; The fly in the bottle : what is language? -- What should I do? Rousseau's error : do we need other people? ; The sword of the dragon slayer : why do we help others? ; The law within me : why should I be good? ; The Libet experiment : can I will what I will? ; The case of Gage : is there morality in the brain? ; I feel what you feel : does it pay to be good? ; The man on the bridge : is morality innate? ; Aunt Bertha shall live : are we entitled to kill? ; The birth of dignity : is abortion moral? ; End of life : should euthanasia be allowed? ; Beyond sausage and cheese : may we eat animals? ; Great apes in the cultural arena : how should we treat great apes? ; The wail of the whale : why should we protect nature? ; Tears of a clone : can people be copied? ; Ready-made children : where is reproductive medicine heading? ; "Bridge into the spirit world" : how far can neuroscience go? -- What can I hope for? The greatest conceivable being : does God exist? ; The archdeacon's watch : does nature have meaning? ; "A quite normal improbability" : what is love? ; Do be do be do : what is freedom? ; Robinson's used oil : do we need possessions? ; The Rawls game : what is just? ; Isles of the blessed : what is a happy life? ; The distant garden : can happiness be learned? ; The matrix machine : does life have meaning?
- Control code
- 21 cm.
- 1st U.S. ed.
- xix, 282 p.
- System control number
ContextContext of Who am I? And if so, how many? : a philosophical journey, Richard David Precht ; translated by Shelley Frisch
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Instance Who am I? And if so, how many? : a philosophical journey, Richard David Precht ; translated by Shelley Frisch
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.tulsalibrary.org/resource/nL7lOuWxY6U/" typeof="WorkExample http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Instance"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.tulsalibrary.org/resource/nL7lOuWxY6U/">Who am I? And if so, how many? : a philosophical journey, Richard David Precht ; translated by Shelley Frisch</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.tulsalibrary.org/"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.tulsalibrary.org/">Tulsa City-County Library</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Tulsa City-County Library. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...