The Resource Aircraft carrier!
- Aircraft carrier!
- Documentary television programs
- Nonfiction television programs
- Documentary -- Television series
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Campaigns -- Pacific Ocean
- Aircraft carriers -- United States
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Naval operations
- United States
- Television programs
- Video recordings for the hearing impaired
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Aerial operations
- Prior to the Japanese attack at Pearl Harbor in December 1941, the battleship had been the Navy's premier vessel of war. Ultimately, its place was taken by the aircraft carrier. The pride of the Pacific fleet during World War II was the Essex class of aircraft carriers. At over 800-feet and a displacement of 27,000 tons, these massive ships were able to launch hundreds of aircraft against the enemy. Although they remained vulnerable to Japanese kamikaze attack, not one Essex carrier was lost to these attacks during the war
- Cataloging source
- Date time place
- Originally broadcast on The History Channel in 2002
- Dewey number
- Intended audience
- Not rated
- LC call number
- LC item number
- .A37 2008
- Target audience
- live action
ContextContext of Aircraft carrier!
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work Aircraft carrier!
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.tulsalibrary.org/resource/ljgUyhPJ0ZQ/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.tulsalibrary.org/resource/ljgUyhPJ0ZQ/">Aircraft carrier!</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.tulsalibrary.org/"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.tulsalibrary.org/">Tulsa City-County Library</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Tulsa City-County Library. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...