The Resource Ghost Light on Graveyard Shoal.
- Ghost Light on Graveyard Shoal.
- Electronic books
- JUVENILE FICTION / Historical / United States / 19th Century
- United States -- Juvenile fiction
- Eastern Shore (Md. and Va.) -- History -- 19th century -- Juvenile fiction
- Detective and mystery stories
- Shipwrecks -- Juvenile fiction
- Lifesaving -- Juvenile fiction
- Rescue work -- Juvenile fiction
- On an island off the coast of Virginia, the daughter of a US Lifesaver investigates a series of suspicious shipwrecks It’s 1895. Rhoda Midyette lives on Glenn Island, where her father is keeper of the US Lifesaving Station. He leads rescue operations whenever a ship hits the dangerous shoals around the island—which has happened far too often lately. One stormy night, when Rhoda and her father’s team help the survivors off their destroyed boat, she spies a mysterious light on the cape above Graveyard Shoal. The next day, she finds footprints in the sand. Is someone deliberately causing the collisions? Swaying their lanterns so the sailors will navigate toward the perilous shallows instead of away from them? Or is it a ghost light—and are the footprints those of the mythical mangled mariner? As she digs deeper, Rhoda uncovers clues that threaten everything she knows. With so much at stake—including her best-friendship with the gravely ill Pearl—Rhoda has to trust in herself and find a way to save lives. This ebook includes a historical afterword
- Cataloging source
- Dewey number
- no index present
- LC call number
- Literary form
- non fiction
- Nature of contents
ContextContext of Ghost Light on Graveyard Shoal.
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work Ghost Light on Graveyard Shoal.
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.tulsalibrary.org/resource/eiKIxpMx9tc/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.tulsalibrary.org/resource/eiKIxpMx9tc/">Ghost Light on Graveyard Shoal.</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.tulsalibrary.org/"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.tulsalibrary.org/">Tulsa City-County Library</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Tulsa City-County Library. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...