The Resource Bonhoeffer : Pastor, Martyr, Prophet, Spy: A Righteous Gentile vs. the Third Reich.
- Bonhoeffer : Pastor, Martyr, Prophet, Spy: A Righteous Gentile vs. the Third Reich.
- Title remainder
- Pastor, Martyr, Prophet, Spy: A Righteous Gentile vs. the Third Reich.
- Statement of responsibility
- Eric Metaxas
- This New York Times bestseller is the groundbreaking biography of Dietrich Bonhoeffer, one of the greatest heroes of the twentieth century, the man who stood up to Hitler. A definitive, deeply moving narrative, Bonhoeffer is a story of moral courage in the face of the monstrous evil that was Nazism. As Adolf Hitler and the Nazis seduced a nation, bullied a continent, and attempted to exterminate the Jews of Europe, a small number of dissidents and saboteurs worked to dismantle the Third Reich from the inside. One of these was Dietrich Bonhoeffer—a pastor and author. Eric Metaxas takes both strands of Bonhoeffer's life—the theologian and the spy—and draws them together, presenting the fullest account of Bonhoeffer's life written to date. He tells of Bonhoeffer's heart-wrenching decision to leave the safe haven of America to return to Hitler's Germany and sheds new light on Bonhoeffer's involvement in the famous Valkyrie plot, as well as "Operation 7," the effort to smuggle Jews into neutral Switzerland. Since his death in Flossenbürg concentration camp at age thirty-nine, Bonhoeffer has grown to be one of the most fascinating, complex figures of the twentieth century. This fascinating account uncovers never-before-revealed facts about the profoundly orthodox Christian theologian, including the story of his passionate romance
- Accompanying matter
- technical information on music
- Cataloging source
- Narrator: Malcolm Hillgartner
ContextContext of Bonhoeffer : Pastor, Martyr, Prophet, Spy: A Righteous Gentile vs. the Third Reich.
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work Bonhoeffer : Pastor, Martyr, Prophet, Spy: A Righteous Gentile vs. the Third Reich.
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.tulsalibrary.org/resource/aLt1kFbB4Cg/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.tulsalibrary.org/resource/aLt1kFbB4Cg/">Bonhoeffer : Pastor, Martyr, Prophet, Spy: A Righteous Gentile vs. the Third Reich.</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.tulsalibrary.org/"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.tulsalibrary.org/">Tulsa City-County Library</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Tulsa City-County Library. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...