The Resource You are the universe : discovering your cosmic self and why it matters
- You are the universe : discovering your cosmic self and why it matters
- Title remainder
- discovering your cosmic self and why it matters
- Statement of responsibility
- Deepak Chopra, M.D., and Menas C. Kafatos, Ph.D.
- When you gaze out at the night sky with its awe-inspiring display of stars and galaxies, do you ever ask yourself if it could be possible that you are actually looking into a mirror? What if we inhabit a universe that perfectly fits our needs here on Earth -- a truly human universe? That's the bold thesis author Deepak Chopra and physicist Menas Kafatos set out to prove: quite literally, "You are the universe." The startling truth is that the everyday world of physical objects "out there" disguises a hidden dimension. By turning our investigation "in here" to the world of consciousness, the real reality emerges. You Are the Universe guides the reader into a realm in which each of us has the power to transform our personal existence, while at the same time fashioning a new story about how time, space, matter, and energy came into existence. Looking to overturn the traditional model of scientific reality, Chopra and Kafatos hold that each of us is a cocreator of reality and we can uncover the hidden dimensions where consciousness is a field of infinite possibilities. This seemingly impossible proposition follows from the cutting-edge modern thinking of the quantum universe and the great mysteries that must be unriddled before human beings actually know who they are. These include but are not limited to questions such as What came before the big bang? Why does the universe fit together so perfectly? Where did time come from? And do we live in a conscious universe? These mysteries are part and parcel of everyone's life. "All of us live in a participatory universe," the authors write. "Once you decide that you want to participate fully with mind, body, and soul, the paradigm shift becomes personal. The reality you inhabit will be yours to either embrace or change."
- Cataloging source
- Dewey number
- index present
- LC call number
- LC item number
- .C513 2017
- Literary form
- non fiction
ContextContext of You are the universe : discovering your cosmic self and why it matters
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work You are the universe : discovering your cosmic self and why it matters
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.tulsalibrary.org/resource/2atV0ai22vw/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.tulsalibrary.org/resource/2atV0ai22vw/">You are the universe : discovering your cosmic self and why it matters</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.tulsalibrary.org/"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.tulsalibrary.org/">Tulsa City-County Library</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Tulsa City-County Library. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...